One World Secondary School Kilimanjaro is successful project of the German non-profit organization “Modellschulen fuer Africa” (Model schools for Africa) in Kisangara/Tanzania. The school was founded in 2012 and was developed by German and Tanzanian experts.
The school is under the patronage of the GERMAN COMMISSION FOR UNESCO .
High quality education
In One World Secondary School Kilimanjaro your child
- will learn successfully because modern methods of teaching and learning are used.
- will be taught by highly qualified and caring Tanzanian and German teachers.
- will get an individual learning plan whose realization will be assessed regularly.
- will be enabled to pass all National exams with good results (NECTA F2, NECTA F4, NECTA F6 ).
- will be well prepared for the future (computer courses, e-learning etc.).
- will experience an international education taking care about the own roots.
- will meet European students in school and in the framework of partnerships.
- will get the chance to visit Germany for free in our partnership programme.
- will get the opportunity to study abroad (grants).
- will acquire life skills and competences which are crucial in the time of globalization.
Intercultural learning will play an important role in the One World Secondary School Kilimanjaro. It helps to impart skills which in the era of globalization are essential and vital for young people from a developing country. The students will experience an international education taking the own roots into consideration and respecting traditions and culturla variety.They meet European students in school and will have the opportunity to visit Germany for free in the framework of school partnerships with Gymnasium Lappersdorf and Oskar-von-Miller-Gymnasium in Munich.
The school management is in German hands. The Director is Dr. Karl-Heinz Koehler and the Headmaster is Mr. Reuben Mtango. Highly educated Tanzanian teachers teach in our school using the best educational traditions and achievements .
Subjects in our school
- Computer Study
We have our own well equipped laboratory for science subjects.
The school offers high quality meals with a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits for the students to grow well. They will have:
- Breakfast (porridge + fruit)
- Brunch (tea + scones)
The school takes medical care of the students. Serious cases will be taken to hospital and the parents will settle this.